Information about us
a. Rosielee.co.uk is a site operated by Rosie Lee Limited. We are a private company registered in England and Wales under company number 04933290. Our main trading address is 161-165 Kingsland Road, London, England, E2 8AL. (Our VAT number is 805240172.)
b. Rosielee.nl is a site operated by Rosie Lee B.V.. We are a private company registered in the Netherlands. Our main trading address is Van Diemenstraat 188, 1013 CP Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
a. Rosieleecreative.com is a site operated by Rosie Lee Creative Inc. We are a private company registered in the United States. Our main trading address is 33 Irving Place, New York, NY 10003, United States.
2. Rosie Lee Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are responsible for protecting your personal information as a “data controller” under applicable data protection legislation. If you have any queries about this Policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us using the details at Contact Us.
3. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
4. Our nominated person for data protection is Tom Sebright-King and you can contact Tom by emailing the Operations Director
What information do we collect?
5. We collect personal data as defined by applicable data protection legislation. The personal information we collect might include name, date of birth, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
6. If you have purchased services from us, we will collect information about your purchase history.
7. We may collect information that is available in the public domain, for example: newspaper or online media items, publicly available posts on LinkedIn or social media or Companies House listings.
8. We record your requests for information and any feedback we receive from you.
9. We may also collect technical information relating to your use of our website, including your browser type or the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet.
10. We also gather general information about the use of our website, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
11. We gather information via CCTV at our office premises.
12. If you are a supplier who provides goods or services to us, or you work for one, we may collect your name, business email address, business postal address, business telephone number, and records of what you have supplied to us.
How do we collect information?
13. We obtain personal information from you when you use our website, enquire about our activities, register with us, send or receive an email, ask a question or otherwise provide us with personal information.
14. We may also receive information about you from third parties or from individuals or third party organisations who share our interests and may introduce you to us.
How do we use this information?
15. We will use your personal information:
a. to provide you with services, products or information you have requested;
b. to provide you with information about future events and services we think may be of interest to you, including third party events, products and services;
c. for administration purposes including to create an account for you if you register with us; to notify you about changes to our services; as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
d. to make suggestions and recommendations to you on our website about services that may interest you;
e. to analyse how you use our website so that we can make improvements to the design of it;
f. for market analysis, and to review, develop and improve our services and products;
g. if you are one of our suppliers (or you work for one), to contact you if we want to make future purchases or discuss past purchases
16. We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time using the contact details at Contact Us.
What is our lawful basis for using your data?
17. Our lawful basis for using your data depends on what we are using it for:
a. When we use your data to provide you with services, we use the data because it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you. If you fail to provide this information we may be unable to perform the contract.
b. When we use your data to provide you with information that you told us you would like to receive, we rely on your consent as our basis for processing.
c. When we use your data for any of the other purposes set out above we do so because is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interests are:
-- i. providing you with marketing information we think you will be interested in;
-- ii. administering our business and keeping it safe and secure;
-- iii.to make our website as interesting and engaging as we can; and
-- iv. to understand our market and customers.
Do we share your information with anyone else?
18. We may share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.. If you do not want us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, please let us know using the contact details Contact Us.
19. We may need to provide your information to our contractors and suppliers who provide services on our behalf, to the extent necessary to enable you to receive those services.
21. We may also disclose your information to people we are required to disclose it to under law.
22. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
23. We keep your information for no longer than is necessary, as set out in our Data Protection Policy. We will retain your information for any period required by law, for example for compliance with HMRC requirements. Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
24. If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please write to us at our registered address.
Do we transfer your data out of the European Economic Area?
25. We sometimes transfer your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Since countries outside the EEA do not all protect data to the same standard as the EEA we ensure that one of the following safeguards is in place when we transfer your data out of the EEA:
a. we put in place standard contractual clauses that are approved by the European Commission to protect your information; or
b. we ensure that the country to which we transfer is one that the European Commission has decided provides adequate protection for your information, or in the case of transfers to the USA, that the recipient is a member of the US EU Privacy Shield Framework.
26. In cases where the safeguards outlined above are not in place we only transfer the data outside the EEA where this is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or between us and a third party for you benefit. This might happen, for example, if you have asked us to ship goods to a country outside the EEA and we use a carrier from that country to deliver the goods to you.
How do we protect personal information?
27. We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. We protect your information in accordance with our Electronic Information and Communications Systems Policy and our Data Protection Policy.
28. You should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features such as encryption to try to prevent unauthorised access.
29. You can manage your marketing preferences at any time by emailing us with your preferences listed below, to the Operations Director
I would like to receive information about Rosie Lee Limited by:
I confirm that I am happy to be contacted by third parties via the above methods Please do not contact me using the above methods
30. You have a right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing information about you, and to request access to this information (‘right of access’).
31. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to rectify information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate or complete information which is incomplete (‘right to rectification’). If you inform us that your personal data is inaccurate, we will inform relevant third parties with whom we have shared your data so they may update their own records.
32. We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided us with changes, for example if you change your email address, name, payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know using the contact details at the end of this policy.
33. You have a right to obtain your personal data from us and reuse it for your own purposes, perhaps for another service, without hindering the usability of the data (‘right of portability’).
34. You have a right to seek the erasure of your data (often referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’). You may wish to exercise this right for any reason, for example where it is no longer necessary for us to continue holding or processing your personal data you may withdraw your consent. You should note that we are entitled to and reserve the right to retain your data for statistical purposes. This right is not absolute, as we may need to continue processing this information, for example, to comply with our legal obligations, or for reasons of public interest.
35. You have a right to ask us to restrict our processing of your information (‘right to restriction’) if:
a. you contest its accuracy and we need to verify whether it is accurate
b. the processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict use of it instead of erasing it
c. we no longer need the information for the purpose of processing, but you need it to establish or defend legal claims
d. you have objected to processing of your information being necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or for the purposes of our legitimate interests. The restriction would apply while we carry out a balancing act between your rights and our legitimate interests.
e. you exercise your right to restrict processing, we would still need to process your information for the purpose of exercising or defending legal claims, protecting the rights of another person or for public interest reasons.
36. You have a right to prevent us from processing your data for the purposes of direct marketing.
37. If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please let us know using the contact details at the end of this policy. We will act in accordance with your instructions as soon as reasonably possible and there will be no charge.
38. You have a right to report any of your concerns about our use of your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You may do so by calling their helpline at 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy